Metal Decorative Wall Hangings. Decorating Your Walls. English Country Decorating.
Metal Decorative Wall Hangings
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
- Relating to decoration
- (decorativeness) an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- The practice of hanging condemned people as a form of capital punishment
- Hanging is the lethal suspension of a person by a ligature. The Oxford English Dictionary states that hanging in this sense is "specifically to put to death by suspension by the neck", although it formerly also referred to crucifixion and death by impalement in which the body would remain "hanging".
- (Hanged) ^ by the neck, but removed before death (hanged).
- A decorative piece of fabric or curtain hung on the wall of a room or around a bed
- A solid material that is typically hard, shiny, malleable, fusible, and ductile, with good electrical and thermal conductivity (e.g., iron, gold, silver, copper, and aluminum, and alloys such as brass and steel)
- metallic element: any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- Broken stone for use in making roads
- cover with metal
- Gold and silver (as tinctures in blazoning)
- metallic: containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal; "a metallic compound"; "metallic luster"; "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
- surround with a wall in order to fortify
- A continuous vertical brick or stone structure that encloses or divides an area of land
- A side of a building or room, typically forming part of the building's structure
- anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
- Any high vertical surface or facade, esp. one that is imposing in scale
- an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
Hangings with Coats of Arms
This is the entrance to the expiatory chapel sacred to the memory of Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, and Madame Elizabeth (Louis's sister, who shared their captivity and their fate).
Louis XVIII (ne the Comte de Provence) had this chapel constructed in the Conciergerie on the site of Marie Antoinette's final cell. As I recall it only takes up half of what was supposed to be that space.
These hangings are black velvet embroidered with silver, appropriate for deep mourning. The coats of arms are Marie Antoinette's, French on the left, and Austrian on the right.
Log Cabin Wall Hangings
My Christmas gift to my grandmothers - log cabin quilted wall hangings! Their favorite colors are purple and yellow. They're slightly different to match their preferences.
table decorations for party
decorative living rooms
decorations for tables
picket fence wall decor
decorating with bamboo poles
hockey wall decor
rustic star decor
cowgirl room decorations